Table of Contents
Hair fall is the main problem for all the male and female of all ages. For female, hair is the most important sign for themselves. Female will show their beauty, their charm and personal power with healthy hair.
Therefore the hair fall problem is more dangerous for female rather than males.
Person losses 100-150 hairs daily normally in their growth cycle. But this loss of hair remains unnoticed.
What are the Types and Causes of Hair Fall?
There are so many reason for hair fall but the main reasons of hair fall are:-
1. Androgenetic alopecia
This cause is related to the most common type of hair fall which is related to hormonal growth and parents genes. This is cause also known as male or female pattern baldness.
2. Alopecia areata
It is the condition where the person faces the localized hair fall. When the hair fall extend to your whole scalp then it is called alopecia totalis and if it is extend to your whole body then it is called alopecia universalis. This cause also know as spot baldness. That’s the reason for hair fall
3. Telogen effluvium
It is the condition where the normal balance is disrupted of resting and growth phase of hair. So, it leads to excessive fall of hair and decrease in total hair.
4. Anagen effluvium
This condition happens in the phase of anagen which is occurs due to chemotherapy, radiotherapy, heavy metal and boric acid poisoning. This hair fall appears around 1-2 weeks and noticeable in 1 to 2 months.
It is the condition where person plucks out his or her own hair at the age of 6 to 12 years of age. This is condition is called psychiatric condition. That’s the reason for hair fall.
6. Traction alopecia
It is the condition where person suffers from hair fall because of tight tying of hair in ponytails. This cause is mainly found in women. A change in hair style cause this problem in this patients. That’s the reason for hair fall.
7. Hair fall due to Tinea capitis
This condition is happen because of fungal infection. It is the ringworm infection of the scalp causes small patches of itchy scalp. Tinea means scalp and capitis means head.
8. Cicatricial alopecia
In this condition the fall of hair is permanent because in this, the hair follicles are permanently destroyed. It also caused by a lot of reason like inflammation, autoimmune condition and infection like cellulitis. That’s the reason for hair fall.
9. Congenital triangular alopecia
This condition is mainly occurs in young children (10-16 years old). Congenital triangular alopecia is a missing area of hair in the shape of triangle near the temples(latch where four skull bones fuse). It is complete hair fall in that area.
10. Involutional alopecia
This condition is happen in old age because of gradual thinning of the hair. This condition is because hair follicles switch from the growth into resting. Total number of hairs decreases and hairs become shorter.
Some other most common reason for hair fall are:-
- Pollutants present in air and water and excess sebum block hair follicles and restrict hair growth.
- Stress causes due to worry, anxiety which leads towards the hair fall problem.
- Hair fall can be cause because of drugs.
- Changes in hairstyle every month can cause the hair fall.
- Hot oil hair treatments also cause hair fall problem. If scarring occurs then the hair fall is permannt
reason for hair fall.
Factors Of Hair Fall
A lot of factor can increase the chance of hair fall, including:-
- Age factor
- History of your family from both mother and father side That’s the reason for hair fall.
- Taking lot of stress will become the reason of hair fall
- Not taking the proper nutrition also leads to hair fall
- Some medical conditions, like diabetes and lupus
- Smoking , drinking alcohol and taking drugs leads to the problem That’s the reason for hair fall.
5 Ways to Stop Hair Fall
1. Eat extra protein
May be you are not getting proper protein everyday which affect your hair and become the reason of hair fall. Especially when you are vegan or vegetarian, you have to increase the amount of protein intake.
You have to take at least “40-60 grams of protein everyday ”said by Dr. Bergfeld. You can also hit your protein requirement by eating beans and legumes, eggs or Greek yogurt.
2. Take vitamins
Certain vitamins and minerals can affect the hair growth if they are not in proper amount or you can say if you have vitamins deficiency. Vitamins and minerals like Vitamin A, B, C, D, E, zinc and iron.
People don’t take vitamins that’s the main reason for hair fall.
Dr. Bergfeld found the success with prescribing biotin forte with zinc, a supplement which helps to maintain the healthy hair and skin.
3. Follow the Mediterranean diet
The main ingredients in the Mediterranean diet is eating fruits, vegetables and protein.
“When you go on restrictive diet, you will lose your weight but something you cannot maintain” said by Dr. Bergfeld and they usually lacking in your need of hair follicles.
4. Use over-the-counter hair fall medication
You may know or heard about minoxidil, the over-the-counter medication that helps in preventing hair fall. It is available in the form of solution or foam that is applied to your scalp, this medication is approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) at 5% strength. Also “we should use this minoxidil in low dose as a treatment. hat’s the reason for hair fall.
5. Maintain good hair and scalp care
To maintain good hair you should avoid harsh treatments like heating tools, hair dye and bleaching your hair. Hairstyles like tight ponytails or braids can damage your hair as well (especially this problem happen in females). Also you care your scalp by washing your head and scalp regularly.
“Any inflammation on the scalp will affect your hair growth or any inflammation on the scalp become the reason for hair fall.
How can stop my hair fall?
Some baldness is genetic (male pattern baldness and female pattern baldness). So this baldness is not preventable.
Here are some precautions tips which helps you to avoid your hair fall.
- Stop smoking, drinking alcohol and drugs. Stop studies show the relation between baldness and smoking, alcohol and drugs.
- Protect your hair from sunlight and different sources of ultraviolet rays. That’s reason for hair fall.
- Be gentle with your hairs. Avoid tugging while combing your hair, especially when your hair is wet.
- Avoid bad treatments like hot rollers, hot oil treatments, curling your hair and coloring your hair permanently.
- Reduce the use of rubber bands, barrettes and braids to avoid the hair fall problem.
- Before taking any supplements and medicines, always ask your doctor to avoid the hair fall problem.
- If you are being treated with chemotherapy, then ask your doctor for cooling cap. It reduces the chances of your hair fall.
bloggingforu providing Knowlegable and informational content.
Can hair loss be reversed ?
The answer will be yes and no because it depends on what types of hair fall you are going through.
Some patients going through Cicatricial alopecia which is permanent, while some patients are going through temporary baldness which is happen because of stress or medical condition. Once you identified the cause and eliminated, your hair should grow back again like before.
Generally speaking if the trigger goes away or whatever the cause the injury to the hair follicle, then the hair will recover over a period of 4 to 6 months to a year”.
Also Read: BEST FITNESS & HEALTH BLOG OF 2022