What is Safer Internet Day 2023
Safer Internet Day (SID) is an international annual event held during the 2nd Tuesday in February to encourage the safer and more responsible use of technologies and devices on mobiles particularly for youngsters and children. It is hosted by ENISA, the European Union Agency for Network and Information Security (ENISA) and is celebrated in more than 100 countries around the world.
The theme for Safe Internet Day changes each year, but the purpose is always the same: create awareness about the dangers of online use as well as encourage safe use of technology and to encourage all to take the necessary steps to safeguard themselves and others online.
The day’s goal is to encourage safe and positive internet practices, including encouraging privacy, preventing online harassment and cyberbullying as well as providing information and resources for keeping your online safety in mind.
bloggingforu Provides You knowledgeable and Informational content.
History of Safer Internet Day 2023
Safer Internet Day (SID) was created in 2004 under the Commission’s Safer Internet Program. It was the first Safer Internet Day was celebrated on February 11, 2004 and, since then has evolved into an international celebration that takes place in more than 100 countries.
The goal that the celebration aims to create awareness of the dangers of online browsing and to encourage everyone who uses the internet to be accountable for their online behavior. Every every year Safer Internet Day has distinct themes that focus on specific issues related to online safety including privacy, cyberbullying, and responsible usage of digital technology.
It is observed with numerous events and activities like online safety training or public talks. Social media-related campaigns. The aim to celebrate to ensure a safe and secure internet experience for everyone, regardless of gender, age or ethnic background.
It is a way to remind everyone to everyone that they have a part to take part in making the internet a safer place and encouraging responsible and positive online behavior.
Safer Internet Day Theme 2023
The theme for (SID) 2023 has not been officially announced yet.
Here are some past themes of Safer Internet Day:
- 2022: “Together for a better internet“
- 2021: “An internet we trust: exploring reliability in the online world”
- 2020: “Together for a better internet”
- 2019: “Safe and responsible use of technology”
- 2018: “Create, Connect and Share Respect: A better internet starts with you”
- 2017: “Be the change: unite for a better internet”
- 2016: “Play your part for a better internet”
- 2015: “Let’s create a better internet together”
These themes reflect the changing nature of online safety challenges and the need for ongoing efforts to create a safer and better internet for all users. The themes encourage everyone to play a role in promoting online safety and fostering a positive online environment.
How to celebrate world Safer Internet Day 2023
Many ways you can celebrate Safer Internet Day and promote internet safety. Here are some suggestions:
- Increase awareness Spread details regarding Safer Internet Day and online security with family, friends and your social media followers. Make use of the hashtags #SaferInternetDay as well as #BeTheChange in order to join the conversation worldwide.
- Be involved in events: Look for local events including workshops, public talks and webinars that focus on safety online.
- Learn from others Make time to teach youngsters, children and other people about the safety of online use and responsible usage of technology.
- Review privacy settings: Check and modify the privacy settings of social networks as well as other platforms online to ensure that you are in control of the information you post online.
- Make yourself a positive role model: Set an example and encourage positive online behaviour. Avoid the use of cyberbullying, hate speech and spreading false information.
- Donate to or join organizations that are working to improve security online and defend the rights of Internet users.
- Be safe when browsing Make sure you use strong passwords, stay away from suspicious links, and make sure you keep your antivirus software and software current.
By following these steps you can create an internet that is safer and more secure for all users.
FAQs On Safer Internet Day 2023
Q. Why is safer internet day celebrated
(SID) is a day to educate the public regarding online safety and encourage responsible and beneficial usage of digital technology. It serves as an affirmation that everyone has the responsibility of making a safer and more secure internet for everyone, regardless of age or gender or background.
Q. When is international safer internet day?
Safer Internet Day is celebrated each year during the second week in February. The date is fixed and is not subject to change each year. The purpose on the calendar is create awareness of the dangers of online use and encourage safe and responsible use of technology in the digital age.
I hope you would have liked reading this blog and your knowledge would have been gained.
Also Read: National Women’s Day 2023 – Sarojini Naidu, History, Poem, Significance