History of World Pulses Day 2023
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) declared 2016 to be an International Year of Pulses. In December of 2018 the United Nations General Assembly designated the 10th of February to be World Pulses Day.
The first World Pulses Day was held on February 10, 2019. The day of food and nutrition is tied in the United Nations’ 2030 Agenda to achieve Sustainable Development. World Pulse Day is a relatively recent event, and is likely to have been created as part of efforts to raise awareness of the importance of seed diversity and the role of seeds in sustainable agriculture and food security.
World Pulse Day has grown in popularity in recent years and is now celebrated by a growing number of organizations and individuals around the world, who use the day to raise awareness of seed-related issues and to promote seed diversity and sustainable agriculture.
bloggingforu Provides You knowledgeable and Informational content.
How celebrate World pulses day 2023
World Pulse Day is typically observed with a variety occasions and activities that are both offline and online. The ways that the day is observed are:
- Awareness campaigns: Advocacy and non-profit organizations use the day to increase public awareness about the value of diversity in seeds and the role that seeds play in sustainable agriculture as well as food security.
- Workshops and Seminars: The workshops, seminars and seminars are usually scheduled for World Pulse Day to educate participants about the advantages of diversity in seeds and the necessity of protecting those rights for seed farmers as well as farmers.
- Online events Events that are online like webinars and online discussions are also scheduled during World Pulse Day to bring people across the globe to discuss and study seeds-related issues.
- Community events: Community-based events such as Seed fairs, seed exchanges and seed-saving workshops are organized by local communities to commemorate the day and encourage the diversity of seed varieties.
- Campaigns on social media: These media-based campaigns are also employed to increase consciousness of World Pulse Day and to inspire people to take part in activities and events.
These are just a few methods by which World Pulse Day is celebrated and the exact activities and events can vary from year-to-year and even from country to nation.
World Pulses Day 2023: Significance
World Pulses Day is an important celebration that aims to increase awareness of the importance of pulses as well as their contribution to sustainable agriculture, food security as well as human nutrition. The purpose of the day is to encourage people to eat pulses they are a great source of fiber, protein minerals, vitamins, and minerals and promote the cultivation and trading of these.
This day is an opportunity to recognize the importance of pulses in global food systems and to call for more investment in research and production of pulses. It also is a way to educate people about how important pulses are to environmental health and human health and encourage governments, international organizations, as well as the business sector, to help the creation of food systems based on pulses.
In general, World Pulses Day is an occasion to highlight the numerous benefits of pulses and to encourage their use to benefit the lives of individuals in communities, as well as the earth.
World pulses day theme 2023
The World Pulses Day theme for 2023 is “Pulses for a Sustainable Future.”
Here are some of the past themes of World Pulses Day:
2022: “Pulses for a Zero Hunger World”
2021: “Pulses for Biodiversity and Food System Resilience”
2020: “Grow More Pulses: A sustainable future”
2019: “Pulses: Nutritious Seeds for a Sustainable Future”
2018: “The Power of Pulses: Strengthening Food Security”
2017: “Pulses: Nutritious Seeds for a Sustainable Future”
2016: “Pulses: An Affordable and Sustainable Source of Protein for All”
Is world pulses day celebrated in India?
Yes, World Pulses Day is celebrated in India. As the largest manufacturer and user of pulses India is a major player in increasing the consumption of these nutritious seeds.
This is a chance for the Indian farmers, the government as well as businesses and consumers to gather to spread awareness about the advantages of pulses as well as to encourage their widespread use across the nation. There are many occasions and events being organized across India to celebrate the day such as workshops, seminars and campaigns that promote the consumption of pulses.
FAQs On World Pulses Day 2023
Q. 10 Feb celebrated as?
The 10th of February is known by the United Nations as World Pulses Day. This is an annually-held occasion organized by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) to bring awareness to the benefits of agriculture and nutrition of pulses, including chickpeas, lentils, and beans, as well as to encourage their widespread use to the benefit of the people as well as communities and the earth.
Also Read: National Women’s Day 2023 – Sarojini Naidu, History, Poem, Significance